Just like a woman’s cycle, the moon has its own cycle that lasts 28 days. Since ancient times, the moon has been linked to human emotions and energy. Philosophers used to say that since our brain is a “wet” organ, it is malleable to the influence of the moon just like the tides are. Understanding the collective energy symbolized in each moon phase, as well as the energy you experience in your personal cycle (like in this article), will help you plan your life in a way that allows you to ride the rivers of life instead of walking upstream.
For your business, I suggest planning your work projects around the moon cycle, even if it involves several cycles before your project is complete. There is a lot of power in the intentions you set during the New Moon before you begin your work. This becomes even more potent during eclipses and solstices, so don’t forget to mark your calendar and grab your notebooks in order to make your dreams manifest into reality. Recently, an astrologer I was listening to said that 98% of what she wrote down during the winter solstice came true that year. Think it’s hoopla? Why not give it a try?
Below are the phases of the moon and the action you should take during each time of the month.
- Day 1 of the 28 day Moon cycle (the first day)
- “Fresh start”
- This 24-hour window is the perfect time to set your intentions for the upcoming moon cycle. Take advantage of your ability to be more in-tune with your emotions now by planting the seeds for what you want to manifest next.
- Days 2-6
- “Plan it out”
- Put on your spectacles and begin your research! This moon phase is all about lining up the details for what’s about to come and planning out how we want to achieve the thing we decided to manifest over the new moon.
- Day 7
- “Lights, camera, ACTION!”
- On this day, do something to show yourself that you’ve committed to your plan. Take that first big step that will initiate the action you’ll take in the coming days.
- Days 8-13
- “Nose to the grindstone”
- This is the most action-filled week in the moon cycle. During this time of peak energy, you’re being called to work hard towards your goals and stay the course.
- Day 14
- “The mountain peak”
- At this day in the cycle, you will have either reached the top of the mountain successfully or, if it’s a more complex goal, you will have a few more cycles to go. At the moon’s brightest, all is illuminated and you can clearly see where you’re at with your dreams. The moon will also draw your emotions to the surface so you can process them and help you realize what work you have left to do.
- Days 15-20
- “Sharing is caring”
- After we’ve reached success and felt all the emotions that coincide with it, we are now asked to share what we’ve learned or earned with others. We begin the process of reflecting about what we’ve experienced the last 2 weeks.
- Day 21
- “What to release?”
- Before we can begin the process of a new cycle, we need to first realize what is holding us back. We don’t want to begin another journey with a backpack full of junk, so this is the time to identify what that “junk” is. If your project isn’t finished yet, now is the time to do so.
- Days 22-27
- “Reflecting and releasing”
- On the last quarter moon, we identified what we needed to release that wasn’t serving us. Now, we need to actually do the releasing. This is the time of the month where we begin to lose energy, as the moon is barely lit up in the sky. Use this period of time to reflect on the process you just went through of of moving towards your goal. It may also be a time to tie up the last loose ends both within yourself and on our projects.
- Day 28 (the final day)
- There is no light from the moon right now and it continues to grow darker. This is when our energy will be at its lowest. We should utilize this time for rest and stillness to prepare us for the next cycle ahead. You will soon be contemplating your new intentions on the following new moon.
Leave a Reply